- Hits: 913
Welcome to City of Birmingham Striders homepage
Programme and Session Info
for more info email
We have 3 types of session. All are free to attend.
- Open sessions for eveyone.
- Beginner, improver, and returner runner sessions which are for new and slower runners which can be focused on achieving a goal such as 5 or 10k, or social with no fixed goal.
- Faster runner tempo session once a week for those who can already do a 5k in less than 25 minutes.
- OPEN SESSIONS
There are 2 sessions per week which are open to all runners who can run at least 1 mile in 14 minutes.
Tuesday 7pm (for a 7.15pm start), Aston University
Saturday 10.15am (for a 10.30am start), Livery Street
- BEGINNER, IMPROVER AND RETURNER RUNNERS
Saturday 10k preperation
10.15 for a 10.30 start, Livery Street
suitable for those who are
- preparing for their first 10k,
- aiming to improve their times (1 hour or more for a previous 10k)
- returning to running
Sunday Open Beginners Session
Summerfield Park 11am
particularly suitable for people who have yet to complete a 5k or have done so in 35 minutes or more.
There is no set goal for these weekly sessions
- FASTER RUNNERS
tempo training session
suitable for poeple who have a 5k time of 25 minute of less
This run is usually 4 to 5 miles and people who attend are encouraged to become members of the club.
More about City of Birmingham Striders (COBS)
We are a UKA affiliated club, emerging from Yoga Haven run club which was established in 2012.
There is no cost per session
You do not have to be a member to join sessions
Membership costs £25 and covers any part of the April to April year.
Every session is supported by UK Athletics qualified running leaders.
Our run sessions are open to any age from 12 years old upwards. 12 - 16 year olds must have written approval from an adult who is responsible for their care.
There are local, county, and regional level races that we promote within the club and support within our training programme. To represent the club in races, and to enter relays and cross country you need to be a member and wear the club vest. See the Race Details page for more information.