- Hits: 1225
Welcome to City of Birmingham Striders homepage
Programme and Session Info
for more info email
We have 4 sessions. All are free to attend.
- Tuesday open sessions are suitable for everyone who can run at least 1 mile in 13 minutes.
- Sunday beginner sessions are for new and slower runners (including returner runners) which can be focused on achieving a goal or social with no fixed goal.
- Saturday sessions are longer runs at a range of paces from 13 minutes per mile to sub 19 minute 5k pace
- Faster runner tempo session once a week for those who can already do a 5k in less than 26 minutes.
Tuesday sessions are open to all runners who can run at least 1 mile in 13 minutes.
Tuesday 7pm (for a 7.15pm start), Aston University
Sunday Beginners Session
Summerfield Park 11am
particularly suitable for people who are returning to running from injury and those have yet to complete a 5k or have done so in 35 minutes or more.
There is no set goal for these weekly sessions
Saturday 10k to half marathon preperation
10.15 for a 10.30 start, Livery Street
suitable for those who are
- preparing for a half marathon
- aiming to improve their times
- building their stamina
- returning to running
tempo or speed training session
suitable for poeple who have a 5k time of 26 minute of less
Tempo runs are usually 4 to 5 miles and people who attend are encouraged to become members of the club.
More about City of Birmingham Striders (COBS)
We are a UKA affiliated club, emerging from Yoga Haven run club which was established in 2012.
There is no cost per session
You do not have to be a member to join sessions
Membership costs £25 and covers any part of the April to April year.
Every session is supported by UK Athletics qualified running leaders.
Our run sessions are open to any age from 12 years old upwards. 12 - 16 year olds must have written approval from an adult who is responsible for their care.
There are local, county, and regional level races that we promote within the club and support within our training programme. To represent the club in races, and to enter relays and cross country you need to be a member and wear the club vest. See the Race Details page for more information.